Harwood Law has extensive experience with business lawsuits at both the trial and appellate levels in:
- Securities fraud
- Intellectual property, unfair competition and false advertising
- Legal malpractice, ethics and other professional liability
- Breach of contract and interference with contract
- Real estate
- Business ownership, valuation and business divorce.
Representative Trial Court Matters
- Obtained a dismissal at trial of all claims against an entertainment company in a lawsuit involving breach of a licensing agreement for home video rights.
- Obtained a verdict at trial on a breach of contract claim for a retailer of luxury goods.
- Obtained a verdict at trial for a law firm defending claims of malpractice.
- Obtained a verdict at trial for a retired CEO on a claim for breach of an employment contract.
- Obtained temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions for employers barring former employees from theft of trade secrets in violation of non-competition agreements.
- Obtained injunctions in trademark infringement actions on behalf of nationally and internationally recognized manufacturers and service providers.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order for a real estate investor against an auction of real estate by the City of New York.
- Obtained an injunction for a landlord against the tenant’s modification of a store front in violation of restrictive covenants in a commercial lease.
- Obtained a Yellowstone injunction for a tenant against the wrongful termination of a commercial lease.
- Obtained a ruling from the New York Court of Appeals granting a judgment to an international law firm dismissing claims by a retired partner for pension benefits.
- Obtained a ruling from the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit affirming a judgment dismissing all antitrust claims.
- Obtained a ruling from the Illinois Supreme Court dismissing a class action, product liability lawsuit.
- Prepared a friend of the court brief for the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department for a group of businesses supporting an increase to the minimum wage.
Request a Consultation
To request a consultation at the New York City office call (212) 867-6820 or complete this contact form.