businesses in the New York metropolitan area.
Harwood Law represents lawyers and their clients in legal malpractice, disciplinary proceedings, investigations and law firm partnership disputes. The firm’s founder, Tony Harwood, has served as a Chairperson of the Ethics Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association for over a decade. He has also served on the Ethics Committee of the New York City Bar Association.
- Defended a leading New York law firm in a three week trial against claims of malpractice arising out of a $70 million stock purchase agreement. Obtained a judgment dismissing all claims and an affirmance on appeal.
- Defended an international law firm in multi-district, class action litigation alleging claims of securities fraud and malpractice arising out of the firm’s representation of the lead underwriter in a public offering. Obtained a dismissal of all claims on a pretrial motion.
- Defended a lawyer in a joint investigation by the department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission into criminal and civil charges of securities fraud.
- Defended a law firm against claims by a departing partner for compensation allegedly due on unfinished business.
- Defended a law firm against claims by a former partner for pension benefits. Obtained a dismissal on a motion for summary judgment which was affirmed by the New York Court of Appeals after a reversal by the intermediate appellate court.
- Prosecuted claims against lawyers for misappropriating Trust funds and committing malpractice against the Trust and others.
- Pursued a disciplinary complaint for clients against their former lawyer in the New York State Grievance Committee for the 10th Judicial District, which led to discipline for the lawyer.
Request a Consultation
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Strong Advocacy
- 3 Sound Advice