businesses in the New York metropolitan area.
Harwood Law is committed to obtaining outstanding results for investors and investment professionals in:
- FINRA arbitrations
- Securities fraud lawsuits
- Class action lawsuits
- SEC and FINRA investigations and enforcement proceedings
- Criminal investigations and prosecutions
The firm’s founder, Tony Harwood, has provided top-quality representation in securities fraud matters for:
- Individual investors
- Investment bankers, investment advisors and other finance professionals
- Retirement funds, hedge funds and other investment funds
- Investment banks
- Public companies
- Recovered the investors’ entire investment in a settlement after defeating defendants’ motion for summary judgment in a federal securities fraud lawsuit involving investment in an oil and gas exploration company.
- Achieved a settlement in a FINRA arbitration for an individual investor which was eight times larger than the initial offer that the brokerage firm made before the investor retained Harwood Law.
- Prosecuted to verdict a class action securities fraud case in a six week jury trial seeking a multi-billion dollar recovery.
- Defended a senior bank executive in a criminal investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney concerning allegations of fraud related to the bank’s transactions with a leading energy company.
- Defended a lawyer in a joint investigation by the Department of Justice and the SEC into criminal and civil charges of securities fraud.
- Defended a public company in a formal investigation before the Securities and Exchange Commission concerning allegations of improper revenue recognition.
- Achieved the dismissal of all claims on a pretrial motion for an international law firm in multi-district, class action litigation alleging claims of securities fraud and malpractice arising out of the firm’s representation of the lead underwriter in a public offering.
- Obtained the dismissal of all claims on a pretrial motion for an investment bank in multi-district litigation alleging claims of securities fraud arising out of a private offering of securitized assets.
- Achieved a dismissal with prejudice of all claims on a pretrial motion for a public company in a class action litigation asserting securities fraud claims.
Request a Consultation
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Strong Advocacy
- 3 Sound Advice